Oyster Cornbread Dressing
A great cornbread dressing recipe...try this one !
* 2 cups chopped onion
* 3 cups chopped celery
* 1 cup butter or margarine
* 1 pint oysters in liquid, drained & chopped (reserve liquid)
* 4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
* 4 cups cornbread crumbs
* 1 cup pecans, chopped
* 3 teaspoons sage
* 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 3 cans chicken broth or homemade
Saute onion and celery in butter or margarine. Mix all ingredients together well and pour in a buttered baking dish. Cover with foil; bake at 325° for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil and brown. The cornbread dressing recipe is ready,...enjoy it !